Thursday, July 17, 2014

Mupples Goes To Europe: London Days 7 & 8, and Amsterdam Days 1 & 2!

YAY FINALLY BACK TO BLOGGING.

I had honestly been trying to update my blog throughout my trip in Europe, but omg you have no idea how frustrating it is to upload photos on crappy wifi.
So yes, I'm finally back to blogging after being in Singapore for about 3(?) weeks now.

Been really happily busy these past three weeks, and there has been waaay too much drama than I'm comfortable with, but I'm in a really happy and contented place now. :)

Actually currently I'm kinda being forced to blog, well, because I'm unofficially quarantined at home.
Just got discharged from TTSH today because I had really really bad food poisoning the past two nights.
It was horrible.
I hate being on drip.
And all the pain, spasming, injections, pills, scans, tests, ARGH.
But I'm better now!
So I'm stuck at home by dad's and Josh's orders to rest.  Yeeeap.

So yes, back to blogging about MUPPLESGOESTOEUROPE!

Day 7:
Me in the morning on Day 7.
Yes you'll be seeing these pyjamas a lot hahaha I pretty much only brought one set of long pyjamas.
I washed them though don't worry HAHA.

All dressed and ready to go!


The days were gradually getting warmer and I really didn't need my jackets anymore.
But they came in handy during the (very frequent) slight drizzles!

At some cute furniture shop!
The name of the shop just slipped my mind, thank goodness for them, because...

I got butchered in the shop by just TOUCHING this bowl.
I didn't even rub it or press it.
There was just some glass shard at the bottom that pierced my finger and broke off INTO my finger.
So I brought this glass splinter around with me in my finger for the rest of my trip -_-
Only managed to finally dig it out when I was in Genoa LOL.

Yeapppp really gross oops sorry.

Looks tiny but it hurt like MAD.

Off to Primark for the millionth time to make me and my finger feel better.
Hahahaha.

Cute-ass strawberry polo I jokingly told the Sogirls we should wear as our uniform instead LOL.

Fish and Chips for lunch!

Yuehuan!

Bahgah pants I got for my bahgah boy hehehe.

And a super cute strawberry coin pouch I couldn't resist hehehe.

Tea and cake for dessert at Le Pain Quoditien!
(Did I remember that right..?)
(Gosh my memories are leaking as the days go by ahhhh!!)




Then we headed back to cook our own dinners to save some moolah!
Also because I love grocery shopping and I couldn't resist all the cheap and fresh produce.

Simple cheesy scrambled eggs, mushrooms and squash soup!

K I dunno why I look so unhappy at dinner hahahaha.

Okay good night hahaha.
Actually I had a really boring Day 7...
Then again, I had pretty much covered most of London?
So I was quite satisfied by then. :)

Day 8:

Our last day in London before we set off for Amsterdam at night!
Yuehuan went to find her friends in London so I happily had a chill day on my own :)
Woke up really late and walked around aimlessly til I happened to see a burrito shop!
Can't resist a burrito :D




Omnom goodness.

Thennnn I walked around aimlessly again til I happened to walk into Ben's Cookies @ Oxford hehehe.




BAHGAH SLIPPERS.
Wanted to get them but they had no size :(
In the end Yh helped me find size in Exeter and helped me bring them back to Singapore! :D
Happy!

Drizzling again.

Hehehe and I got the Pandora London bus charm! :D
I had silly-ly assumed that it would be cheaper there so I didn't compare the price to SG before buying it, but lo and behold, it's more expensive there.
SIGH.
Well at least I can say it's from London!

Some watch I was eyeing at Swatch hehehe.


I eventually got this though! :D


Spot my London bus! :D

Then after a lot of crazy rushing and packing, it was time to head to the Victoria Coach Station for our crazy 11 hour bus ride to Amsterdam!

14kg of backpack to lug around the rest of Europe D:
(I left my main big white luggage at Melvin's place!)
Waiting for da coach.


Woooooh finally on!!!

Sleepy girl.

Toilet/coffee break at the pier!





K this is damn silly but Yh and I didn't even know our bus was gonna drive onto a ship LOL so when we were at the pier I checked my googlemaps to check where we were and I was like WAIT A MINUTE hahahahahaha.
Super suaku Singaporeans.


This is so embarrassing, but I honestly thought we were gonna be on the bus for the entire trip.
So when the bus driver told us we had to get off the bus I was like O_O Why???

Then I checked googlemaps again and OMG WE'RE ON A BOAT.
!!!!!!
Hahahahahaha damn funny.

The thing is that the ship is HUGE it just looks like a mall so I really had no clue we were even on water.
LOL.

Confused girl.

But I'm so glad we got to lie down!




They even have slot machines on the ship can you believe it hahahaha.

It was freeeezing out here on the deck.


Then after 3 hours over water, we went back to our coach and got off the boat.


Random but: WHY DONT THEY SELL THIS IN SINGAPORE ANYMOREEEEE!!!

Stopover at Brussels!!


Tired + no make up + crazy cold and strong wind in hair.

Also, my sweets exploded in my bag and flooded it.
Hahahahaha.
At least it's a happy mess...?

Amsterdam Day 1:
Aaaaand we finally reach Amsterdam!!!
This is us planning our route while waiting for Lihao to join us!

We stayed at Amigo Youth Hostel.
Which I thought was our worst accomodation of the whole trip heh.
The place was really cramped and the lobby was damn bloody smelly even though there were signs that no smoking was allowed.
Also, the steps are DAMN crazy steep.
If you know me, I'm really not all that dainty or ladylike or whatever.
I'm really quite corlor.
But SERIOUSLY these steps are ridiculously tiring and honestly quite dangerous to climb.
Photo of the steps below later!

The rooms were really basic, the shower was shared between rooms of 6 and there's absolutely no where to hang your stuff when you shower, so everything gets wet.
The lockers were tiny and honestly didn't exactly look very safe,
and OMG the power plugs were located smack in the centre of the wall, so you had to dangle your phones down when you charge them.
Not to mention there weren't enough power plugs for the 6 occupants in the room.  There were only 2????
At first I thought I was being spoilt, but throughout the rest of the trip at all the other places we stayed at, I started to realize that this hostel was REALLY bad.
Eurgh.

(Side note, eh not bad ah I managed to remember quite a lot about the hostel LOL)

Waiting for Lihao!


There.  The 1 shower for like 4 rooms of 6 occupants.
At least it was clean......

Tiny toilet.


THERE. THE STEPS.
I don't know if you can gauge how steep these are from the photo, but trust me, it was STEEP.
You would honestly die if you miss a step.

Even more crazy steep steps.

But anyway, at least the weather was good!!




Grocery shoppingggg yay!


Why don't they have the strawberry-orange mix calippo like Singapore used to have :(

Lots of waffles.

GUMMIES YEY.

Bought these for myself hehehe.
My taste buds will never grow up.






Then we went to some departmental store nearby!
This is soooo cute omg.
Bread and cheese wooden toy set!

I'm totally getting wooden toys for my child to play with next time, instead of spoiling him/her with technology.

SO PRECIOUS.

Hehehe





Bought this J necklace from there!

Then Lihao finally reached!  Yay!

Taking the tram to the Heineken Experience!





Accidentally walked into a street market!
It's nothing compared to those in London though... Duh.  Hahaha.










These looked really good but I was too cold to have any :(






And we reach!






It cost 15 euros for entry, which really isn't too bad because it was really quite enriching and we get 2 free half-pints of beer!
Plus a free beer glass at the end! :D




The silos were this deep to ferment!













Hehehe funny Heineken guy giving a funny face when I took this photo of the stuff behind him.

Water, barley, hops and yeast!

All really just smells like hay to me really LOL.





Can you imagine accidentally falling in and drowning in beer.....
Omg that actually doesn't sound too bad LOL.







Cute little girl makin some beer hehe.

WORT.
It's the stuff that makes beer slightly sweet!



Grind grind grind

AND DEY HAD HORSES.
Hehehe like for real!
It was so funny because as we approached the area, I commented "Eww why does this place smell like a barn" then BAM HORSES.
Hahahahahaha.






Mah money belt making it look like I have a really big belly LOL.




HALP WE'RE BEING FERMENTED.



Cheers to free beer!!!




Hehehe and here you could make your own personalized bottle of Heineken.
Cheap thrills hahaha well it was only 6 euros so it's not too bad!
Just consider it as a bottle of beer lor hahahaha.

Mine says *MUPPLES* hehehe










MORE FREE BEER WOOH.


Then we headed to look for our free glass!
(The store's located away from the Heineken Experience building!)





TADAH MY PERSONALIZED BOTTLE HEHE.

Lihao looking frustrated because we couldn't locate the free glass shop hahaha.

And we finally found it!
Didn't take a photo of the glass well, because it's just a glass lor LOL.

Tranny-wear for you?


Then we realized we were STARVING.
So we settled down at some random Italian joint and it was SO GOOD!

Risotto!!!
Speaking of which, does anyone know where I can find good risotto in Singapore?










Then off to the Red Light District hahaha.

Not many photos from the area well because, yknow.

I honestly don't see the big deal about it though.......  Weed is smelly and naked women are just naked women.
Hahahaha sorry really dun geddit.
 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯


Back to Amigo!

Yh immediately KOed hahahaha.


Amsterdam Day 2:
After blogging a little the night before and having pretty decent sleep, it was day 2!

All I had for breakfast was almonds hahaha.

Then I took the tram by myself...

To head to the train station to meet Nick!



K I have no idea what this woman was doing.  She kept freezing in the middle of no where doing random poses.
I thought a flashmob was gonna happen LOL.


SPOT NICK.



Hehe hello Gnome.

We had super nice weather!
Everything looked so pretty compared to the day before (:

On za hunt for nomz.







BAHGAH TIME.



At the overrated and overcrowded Iamsterdam sign LOL.





Time for more Bier!








Then it was back to the station because he had to go off ):



SPOT DA GNOME AGAIN HEHE.

DERE HE IZ.


Bye bye!!  See ya in Luxembourg!

So I spent the rest of the day on my own (:











Back at the hostel waiting to Skype my beloved!
K I just remembered after seeing this photo that I was actually feeling quite down at this point, because I honestly wasn't really enjoying Amsterdam and I felt like I was wasting my parents' money by going there ):
Was really emo while Skyping Josh, but he did manage to make me feel a little better. (:

Crazy steps again.


Decided to explore just around my hostel!



And discovered a really pretty place to chill!






At this point, I realized I had accidentally trespassed into a school LOL OOPS SORRY.

Hehehehehe these cars look ridiculous sorry.



Then Yh and Lh reached back and bought a kebab for me for dinner!

K honestly, I really didn't like Amsterdam the most out of all the places I went to in Europe.
I'm sure there are pretty parts of the Netherlands which I'd love to go to, but Amsterdam really wasn't my cup of tea.
Everywhere was really dirty and smelly and the people weren't the nicest either.
I really didn't see many redeeming factors about Amsterdam, but then again maybe I wasn't looking at the right places.
Ah well!

Alright, til again! 

No comments: