Monday, June 02, 2014

Mupples goes to Europe: London Days 1 to 3!

Greetings from London!!!

Gosh I really haven't updated this blog since... My last trip.
Hahaha whoops.
This is starting to look like a travel blog lolol (I wish).
Hopefully I'll have more time to blog since exams are done for life!!!
But then again I'm starting work in August so........ Sigh.

Anyway!  Back to happier thoughts!!

I'm so thankful that my parents granted me this grad trip.
It's been a really tough semester and I really really needed a break before starting work.
Plus I didn't go on exchange and the furthest country I had been to was... New Zealand hahaha for my Sec 3 school trip.
I do miss New Zealand though!!
I have to go back some day with Joyce and Michele :D

So anyway right now I'm sitting at some random cafe at Brick Lane, with my fingers freezing as I type this.
Decided I should start blogging because I'm taking like a hundred photos a day and if I delay blogging I'll probably never get down to it LOL.

Prepping in Singapore:
 All my non-clothes for the month!!! :D
Lots of cuppy because I'm a cheapskate hahaha.
But in the end the food here's too good so I'm...  Still going broke on food HAHA.

Aaaand my clothes!!
Josh said I'm mad because...  I packed 20 outfits hahaha whoooooops.
Too vain, sorry.  Really can't stand rewearing outfits lololol.

At the airport all ready to go!!
Borrowed uncle Paul's backpackers back pack for the non-London parts of my travel.
Boots from HK!

Um, in the plane.
Hahahaha.
I felt really short because the mirror seemed exceptionally high hahaha.


Dinner!
Oh btw I took British Airways!
About $1600 for two ways direct!
I hadn't been on a non-budget flight in so long that I forgot that they serve meals and water and BOOZE hahahahaha.
My parents were laughing at me because I had wanted to buy a bottle so I could refill it before boarding.
My mom was like "Silly girl!  They serve water!  For free!"
Kwakwakwakwa.

Sour gummies for my jammed ears!

 Hehehehehe.

Specataclessss

Breakfast!

Day 1 
Aaanand I reach London!!!!
The immigration was freaking horrible.  It took like 1 hour 45 minutes or sth???
There were like more than a hundred people in the queue (not counting those behind me) and there were only TWO counters open.
-_- Seriously.


I'm staying at Euston!
Renting a room from Yuehuan's friend Melvin.
I'm so glad it's in such a central location.
I can walk anywhere!  Oxford Street, Covent Garden, Piccadilly...
:D
Save moolah hahaha because public transport here is ridiculously expensive.


Melvin's place!


Mah room for a week.

ALL MAH DISPOSABLE UNDIES HAHAHAHA.
  

Water!!!
Josh has converted me into a bottled-water girl so I spent about SGD5 on 10 litres of water hahaha.
  
 Outfit of the Day!
Can't actually see what I'm wearing inside...
I was too cold hahaha.

Then it was time to explore!



Flowaaaaaz.

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG PRIMARK.


Must.  Maintain.


Underwear heaven!!!

But I didn't manage to get much clothes because they didn't have my size...
Even their UK6 looked too big for me (if I could even find UK6).


Slight drizzle!

FIRST MEAL IN LONDON!!!!
HAWKSMOOR STEAK!!!!!
This is such a fail selfie though hahahaha.

Potted mackerel!
It's like...  Canned tuna, but 10000x better.

Also, there was only one spot of light on my table hahahaha so I had to strategically place my dishes there to take photos hahahaha #asians

Yummehhhh


Steak!!!!!!!
Perfectly medium rare.
And bone marrow gravy which was unnecessary because the steak tasted great on its own.
And beef-dripped potatoes! :D

Pretty place ^^
It's quite pricey though.  But the express menu is super worth it so I would highly recommend it! :D



Thennnn more exploring!



 Then it was time to head back!

My heater wasn't working during the first night so I was freeeeezing to death in my room.

So I went over to Melvin's to borrow a duvet.
I had to walk back for like 20 minutes hugging the giant thing and everyone was staring at me hahahaha.
I really looked homeless hahaha it was hilarious.

BUT IT WAS WORTH IT.
  
Um, my clothesline.
Hahahaha.

Day 2 
Day 2!!!!

Ootd! :D



Kk I stop.


No furreal.


Heading over to Covent Garden!!






 Magic show!
 Reached!
I LOVED COVENT GARDEN.
There was soooo much good food and the street performers were so entertaining and hilarious.
Plus the vendors were really friendly!
Definitely gonna go back one of these days if I have the time.
:D




SHAKE SHACK FOR LUNCH!!!!!!!


Best.  Burger.  Ever.
It's craaaazy amazing I swear.
I should have gotten a double though!



And the weather was perfect!
Didn't even need to wear my coat.


Just look at dat beauty.

Also, while sitting at Shake Shack, I spotted a MOOMIN SHOP!!!!!!
Went mad, was embarrassed.

Opera singer!


Foooood market.

Unglam selfie.


GUMMIES.

Ben's cookies!!!!


Happened to catch a photo of a pigeon flying overhead hahaha.














  










Milk choc praline and triple choc cookies!!
I liked the praline one more :D
But they were both really sweet!

MOOOOOMIN SHAHP.



And I spotted Moomin!!!!!!!!!
I squealed like a child hahahaha

...but then he ran away before I could take a photo with him sigh :(





This street performer was hilarious!

"Ladies and gentlemen, presenting: TWO MEN WHO CAN FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS!!!  They deserve a round of applause!!!"
Hahahaha

   
 Then I continued walking aimlessly.
I don't even know where this was LOL.


Thennnn my luck ran out and the sun went away and it started drizzling :(

Pic circus!


RAINFOREST CAFE!!!
Does anyone remember when they had it in Singapore??
It was my favvvv restaurant as a child.


Hehehe Shwufang's unicat's brother.

Aaaaand I got caught in the rain so I stood outside some random restaurant for the longest time because I didn't bring an umbrella.

Aaaaand PRIMARK!!!!
Again.
Yes.

Hehehehehe SO CUTE.

Then it was time to watch my first ever show!!
Phantom of the Opera!
Got really cheap tickets at 33 pounds.




So atas omg I kenot.


Soooo my tickets were cheap because there was a pillar right in front of me hahahaha.
I could easily dodge it though so it wasn't too bad!

So excited!
Even changed out of my contact to spectacles so I could watch it better hahahaha.

Her Majesty's Theatre!
   
 Btw am I the only one who thinks that their coins do not make any sense.
Til now I still can't figure out the sequence.
-_-

Day 3
Goooood morning! 
...Yes I didn't bathe hahaha don't judge.
I reached back real late from the show and immediately collapsed HAHA.

  
Showered and ready for the next adventure!

I was overconfident initally and thought it was bright enough for a sleeveless top.
Immediately regretted my decision LOL.

So I went back to grab my wooly.
Heheh.

Dis is funny

BOROUGH MARKET!!!!!
SO.  MUCH.  GOOD.  FOOD.

















Life changing paella.
Omg seriously I was just like O_____O "SO DATS HOW REAL PAELLA TASTES LIKE"
Hahahaha








 Cheap berries!!!
I got a punnet each of strawberries, raspberries, blackberries and cherries, all for 6 pounds!!!!
Berry heaven I swear.







FLOWAZ.




Hurro doggy! :)



Mmmm dat smell.








Sangria for 3.5 pounds!





Wanted to have this but I was tooooo full.








CHORIZO ROLL.
MUST HAVE.
BUT PLEASE GET A DOUBLE.



Oh right I actually have a photo of my berries hahaha whoopz.


Going back!

One thing I miss about Singapore is the reception in the trains though.
I feel so crippled every time I take the tube hahahaha.

Alright!
That's all for days 1 to 3!!
It's day 5 now, Sunday, and I really should start looking for dinner.

See yaaaaa 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so cool fay, hope you are enjoying yourself. Did you go to Borough on a weekday or weekend?

Fay said...

I am! :D In this post I went on Friday! I went again the next day too because I couldn't stay away from the food hahaha

Fay said...

I am! :D In this post I went on Friday! I went again the next day too because I couldn't stay away from the food hahaha