Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Mupples Goes To Europe: Brussels!

I am such a pig, I haven't blogged for forever, I know.

SO much has happened since the last time I blogged and grad trip seems like an eternity ago, but I shall continue with my posts before all my memories leak out of my brains.

Speaking of memories, sigh, I really wish I could just forget some of the memories I've made recently.
Sigh.

BUT ANYWAY.

Brussels!!!

If I'm not wrong......  We took a straight train to Brussels.
Hahaha.
Sorry my memory is really failing me D:

Brussels!
I remember we were all still quite tired after the train ride because we only stayed for one night in Luxembourg, and the traveling was really wearing us down.
At this point Yuehuan and I just couldn't wait to settle down in Rome and have nice looong sleepz without worrying about our belongings etc.
And we were accumulating way too much dirty laundry.  Hahaha.

Walking from the station to our accommodation we got from Airbnb!






Sweets!


Crazy back-packer eating fake waffles.

Crazy back-packer who accidentally kissed this fake waffle LOL.

When we reached it was already nearing dinner time, so many of the shops were closed already.
Plus we reached on Sunday, and yknow Europe being Europe, yeah.
Which was fine, since we were really really tired anyway!

Then we reached our Airbnb place!
The owners Nadine and Laurence were so nice!
They were super friendly and helpful, and gave us maps to guide us around Brussels!
And their place is really spacious and funky.  Loved it!
Also pretty affordable at SGD 100 a night!
Find it here on Airbnb!

Also, dey haz a cat.
+ 100000 points.
Hahahaha.

Lihao making new friends hahahaha.


So nice right!
It's so cozy and I love how the sunlight streams in through the roof!
(We stay in that room at the back!)

View from our room's door.
Nadine and Laurence stay upstairs!
So cool right!!!  They probably built the 2nd floor themselves!


Go away hoomin.



K the cat totally didn't care about me LOL.

Nadine and Laurence even provided ear plugs!!!
Which I completely didn't need because I totally knocked out the moment I touched the bed at night.
I didn't even shower.  Or remove my contacts.  Or brush my teeth. Or even remove my shoes.
In fact, I think I was only half on the bed LOLOLOL.

Backpacking is really tiring man.
But it was so worth it.
I would do it again in a heart beat.
Can't wait to explore another new country again!!!
-Pauses at screen for a minute to daydream-
Sigh.



Then we head out for dinner!

So nice to see so many families out together!


Beanz.

Walked towards Rue du Fort for dinner!





We walked into a random bar for dinner because everything seemed to be closed LOL.
It's called Brasserie Verschueren!




Well, we were in Belgium, so BEER! :D






Yuehuan's grilled cheese!

Lihao's bolognese!

And my not-photogenic wrap LOL.

ALL THESE AWESOME BEERS.


At this point of time I think I lost track of how many glasses I had LOL.

Then we somehow got home.

And I knocked out wearing my shoes.

Yup.

ANYWAY NEXT DAY:
On the train heading out to explore!

I have no idea why the restaurant's called Drug Opera hahaha.


Leffe beer!!
They're selling it at DFS now!!!
I bought a set home when I got back from Boracay, which I will not be blogging about lol, and I only have one bottle left in my fridge right now so I'm quite sad. ):


Duck for lunch!





It's such a pretty restaurant right!!




Us in overly-reworn dirty clothes LOL.






K sorry I'm super uncultured so I have no idea what these buildings are /:

Pissing fries.




Tin tin!

Okay so we saw the Manneken Pis.

Noted.

Hahaha but seriously, when we finally found it after searching for forever, we were like wut.
LOL.

Sweets!

And chocolates!



K after this photo we rushed back like crazy back to the apartment, packed up, and rushed to the airport to catch our flight to Rome.
It was... Not a nice experience, so I will not blog about it.
But let's just say...  Plan in advance, and don't wash any clothes the morning you leave.
Yeap.

We rushed like mad, then we found out our flight got delayed by 2 hours.
-_-
Wat.

BOOOOOOZE.

Pretty miffy! :D


On za plane!!


Goodbye Belgium!
See ya soon Italy!! :D

No comments: