Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Bangkok 2013 with Kwok!

Just came back from my first ever trip to Bangkok!!!
Went with Le Bestfriend who is a more hardcore shopper than I am.
She really never gets tired leh O_O
But ooomg it was such a fruitful shopping trip!!!

Bought like 80+ articles of clothing?  Excluding gifts etc!
Spent about $750 on shopping alone, in 4 days.  Hehehehehe.

 We stayed at Ecotel!
It's nothing fantastic, and I wouldn't stay there again if it weren't for Joyce hahaha.
The location is pretty awesome though.  Just a 20 minute walk to Platinum?
And it's super cheap!

But the aircon reaaally sucks.  Like it's really cold at first, but halfway through the night it will just die D:
So we fall asleep freezing but wake up perspiring :(

 The shower is MAD too.
Like it's SUPER temperamental.
Even without touching the tap at all, it will suddenly freeeeze over, then it'll suddenly become scalding hot again.
It was quite torturous :(

 But aiya, I guess we get what we paid for!
(That's my shopping bag btw hahaha.  Joyce had warned me that if I were to carry a backpack, there was a risk that someone would slash the bottom and steal my stuff.  So I decided to bring this hardcore cartoon backpack that is super tough to slash!!!  Hahaha but omg it really looks super cui and it didn't go with any of my outfits.  But nvm la, at least my shopping's safe!!)
Also, someone tried to steal stuff from my front pocket TWICE at Siam Square.
As in, someone opened the zip twice :(
But kekeke I think the thieves must have been super disappointed because all I kept in that pocket were tissues and sweets.  HAHA.

 The first thing I've eaten in Bangkok!!!
Tom Yam rice noodles at Platinum food court! :D

I don't know why, but I found it damn hard to find nice Tom Yam soup.
You would think that it can be found everywhere right!!!
But no!!!
Every shop had their own weird variation.
Joyce and I love the clear kind, but shops kept on putting coconut/condensed milk inside!!!
So weird!!!

Let the shopping begin!!!



 Happened to bump into some of my ex-tutorial mates there!!!
Benedict, Zona and Jolene!! :D

 Lunch at Yum Saap at Central World!
We went back there like 3 times, simply because they had clear Tom Yam soup.
Hahahahaha.

FINALLY.

Happy girl with her soup!


 Also, they have super comfortable seats!

 Papaya salaaaad.

 DAY ONE'S HAUL!!!!

 Spent like S$200+ on the first day at Platinum hehehehehe.


The next day we decided to go to the Pratunam morning market!!!!!
Second day shopping was CRAZY because we were up at 4am, and ended at like 11pm?!!?
Maaaadness.

 Pratunam morning market was really very cheap, but it was pretty hard to find nice pieces.
Really needed to dig and search, plus a lot of the shops there only give significant discounts if you get 3 pieces and above :(

 COCONUT.


 Sleepy morning eyes!

 We shopped til 9am?
Then we tuktuk-ed back to the hotel to drop our morning haul!

She and her 3rd coconut -_-

Back to the hotel to rest for a wee little while!!!

 Kiwiiiii!!!!
:D


Kiwi my super happy frog! :D


 Outside our hotel!


 La dee daaaa~~

 At the reception area! :)

After that, we went back to Platinum again and shopped til we dropped hahahaha.

Tea break at a random coffee shop in Platinum because we desperately needed to sit down!

CAAAAAKE.

I actually don't really like eating cake...
I just needed to buy something so we could sit down HAHAHA.
But the pecans on the top were really nice! :D
After this photo, we went to Siam Square!
It was SOOOO crowded so I couldn't take any photos at all hahaha.
The variety and prices were pretty good, but it's really daaaamn crowded.

Some of my coincidentally-matching buys!!!!
:D
Christmassy cardigan (that I got just because I was super cold in Platinum), silly pouch I got for like S$10 lol (kena conned sia), and my strawberry phone cover!!! :D

 DEN MASSAGE TIME FOR OUR PAINFULLY ACHING FEET!!!!

 DAY 2'S HAUL!!!!
Bought lots of random things as gifts as well!
Quite satisfied! :D
Spent about S$180!

Hullo Patrick! :D

 Beginning of Day 3!!! :D
Say hello to Kiwi, Pandahat and Wombat! :D

 Moooorning world!

 All my stuff from the first 2 days hahahahaha.

 Then we headed to Chatuchak market because it was a Saturday!
:D
We had lunch when we first got there because I was totally famished.
We got grilled fish, and beef kebab!
Cheap cheap good good!

 I LOVE KEBAB.
I wish they had lamb kebab because it's one of my FAVORITE things to eat on this entire planet, but sadly we couldn't find it during this trip :(
Shall do more research the next time we go there!

KEBAB.
And I look like SUCH a kid with my backpack and silly pouch hahahhaha!

 Crowded makan place! :D
 Red Pink ruby!!
Honestly, I prefer the red ruby we can find in Singapore though...
The thailand one was too... Roasty? /:

 Hello Chatuchak! :D

At one of the famous tea shops!!
I totally forgot what it's called omg.
But their Vanilla Tea Latte was really good!

 I WALK I SEE FROZEN BERRIES I CANNOT RESIST LOL.

 Mixed berry smoothie!!!! :D

Yummy!!!

BANANA.

Then we went for dinner at Another Hound at Siam Paragon!
This is a pic of Joyce trying to unfreeze herself with hot water hahahaha.

 Spiced lamb appetiser!!!
It was super so-so leh...  Was quite disappointed because I couldn't really taste the lamb taste? :(


THAI ANCHOVY PASTA HAHAHAHA WHICH TASTED EXACTLY LIKE BAK ZHANG I SWEAR.
It was super funny because when I first tasted it, I took forever trying to figure out why it tasted soooo familiar.
Even Joyce agreed it smelled like Bak Zhang!!!
So funny!!!

 BAK ZHANG TEEHEE.

 Dinner part II at Siam Square!
At some random street food store that sold awesome salt-baked fish!!! :D

Mushroom Tom Yam!

DAY 3'S HAUL!!!
S$200+ too hehehe because Chatuchak's stuff is really much more pricey!

LAST DAAAAY!!
We went to Platinum for some mad last minute shopping! :D

 Reached at like 10am, and most of the shops weren't open yet, so we decided to cam-whore a bit outside first hehehe.



Sushi breakfast!!!
The heart shaped roe one is daaaamn shiok!

Shopped the morning away, then walked over to Central World again for lunch!

 More Tom Yam :D

DAY 4'S HAUL!!!!
SO MANY HAPPY THINGS HEHEHEHE.

 S$160!


All my shopping!!! :D

 Leather fruit pouches!

Crochet strawberry pouch and lots of floral head bands!

CLOOOOTHES.

It was such a fulfilling trip omg.
I think I have enough clothes for this semester hehehe.
...Actually no, I think I'll go shop again very soon hahaha!

2 comments:

Witha said...

Thank you for sharing Fay! I'm going to Bangkok on December this is really helpful. Is Pratunam Market is the best place to shop? (since chaktuchak is literally expensive)

Fay said...

Platinum mall is the best! But pratunam morning market's the cheapest, though you'd have to dig quite a bit!